To know me, you have to read me. Otherwise, I'm just like everybody else. Without identity. Choose well.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Quoted phrases part 13

When you are ironic, I am always behind you. I am slower. It is like you are the lightning and I am the thunder. -- Eat Pray Love (book)

Why is everything that's good for you tastes so bad? -- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (film

The problem is, lahat na lang kasi ng pelikula pinipilit gawing pampamilya. One size fits all. Kaya tuloy ang material for movies nagiging too mature for kids and too cheesy for adults. -- Aby from Lumayo Ka Nga Sa Akin (book)

What's the 'O' in OPM again? Where's the 'P'? Oh, and you call that 'M'? Buti pa sina Yoyoy Villame, and April Boy, may totoong contribution sa Philippine music! -- Aby from Lumayo Ka Nga Sa Akin

Pwede nga ring yung TV talaga ang may sumpa. Dahil ang T.V. para ring drugs, pero ligal. Isipin mo, bakit isa ito sa mga unang-unang ipinupundar ng mga Pilipino kahit gaano sila kahirap? Kasi malaing tulong ang telebisyon para makalimot. para tumakas sa realidad. -- Lumayo Ka Nga Sa Akin

Tatlo ang magulang ng henerasyon natin. Ang tatay, ang nanay, at ang patalastas o media. Kaya kung mahina yung dalawang nauna, naagawan sila ng ikatlo sa pagpapalaki sa bata. -- Lumayo Ka Nga Sa Akin

Senorito Lapid: Itigil ang kasal!
Pari: Anak, sa tunay na buhay ay hindi pinahihintulutan ng simbahang Katoliko ang drama sa gitna ng kasal... Pero dahil palabas nyo 'to, sige, bahala ka na. -- Lumay Ka Nga Sa Akin

Ted: Maybe it's destiny.
Barney: Destiny strips with a melon patch. They're people Ted. Try to keep it straight.
(pause)
Barney: Wait a minute, maybe it's destiny!
Ted: That's what I just said.  -- How I Met Your Mother (tv series)

Americans have an inability to relax into sheer pleasure. Ours is an entertainment-seeking nation, but not necessarily a pleasure-seeking one. -- Eat Pray Love

I wanted to take on pleasure like a homework assignment, or a giant science fair project. I pondered such questions as, "How is pleasure most efficiently maximized?" -- Eat Pray Love

Girls get the arms but not the swords. Bastards get the swords but not the arms. I did not make the rules, little sister. -- Tyrion Lannister of Game of Thrones (book)

Mothers. I think birthing does something to your minds. You are all mad. -- Jamie Lannister of Game of Thrones.

My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind... A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. -- Tyrion Lannister of Game of Thrones

So be lonely. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it... Welcome the human experience. But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings. -- Eat Pray Love

You seem like a completely different person, now that you're with this new boyfriend. You used to look like your husband, but now you look like David. You even dress like him and talk like him. I think maybe you always look like your men. -- Eat Pray Love

No one can make you inferior. Without your consent. -- Barbie in Princess Charms School (film)

Principal: What makes a princess?
Blair: A crown?
Principal: No. Character. -- Barbie in Princess Charms School

If he must be alone, he would make solitude his armor. -- Jon Snow of Game of Thrones

Let them see that their words can cut you, and you'll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore. -- Tyrion Lannister of Game of Thrones

I have seen more of illness than I care to remember. Every case is different, and every case is alike. -- Grand Maester Pycelle of Game of Thrones

I was never so alive as when I was winning this throne, or so dead as now that I've won it. -- Robert Baratheon of Game of Thrones

When you play the game of thrones, you win or die. -- Cersei Lannister of Game of Thrones

That's not letting go, that's shoving her away! Only someone that held on to the very end can say that they let someone go. Did you even try to hold on to her? -- He's Beautiful (tv series)

Hindi sa hindi ako nagsasawang masaktan. Hindi lang ako napapagod magmahal. -- Unofficially Yours (film)

Why do we have to right their wrongs? Sometimes, 1 must be sacrificed. -- 1 from 9 (film)

In that wall of yours, it may keep out pain. But it may also keep out love. -- Mary Margaret from Once Upon A Time (tv series)

Doubt can be a bond as powerful and sustaining as certainty. -- Doubt (film)

Oo! Kaibigan mo ako! Kaibigan mo lang ako!... And I made the biggest mistake of falling in love with my bestfriend! -- Labs kita. Ok ka lang? (film)

Mahal mo ko?? Pero di mo kayang ipaglaban ang pagmamahal mo sa akin?? Gusto mong maniguro? Hindi ka lang duwag... makasarili ka! -- Labs kita. Ok ka lang?

Evil isn't born. It's made. -- Evil Queen from Once Upon A Time

You make anything seem possible. I never told you this but, because you are going to be somebody, made me feel like I was going to be somebody too. -- Young Americans (tv series)

Everytime I look at you, I feel completely dismantled. -- The L Word (tv series)

Arguments are good! It proves they are understanding each other. -- Fruits Basket (anime tv series)

Why didn't you tell me there was danger? Why didn't you warn me? Ladies know what to guard against, because they read novels that tell them of these tricks. -- Tess of the D'Urbervilles from 50 shades of Grey (book)

What is the appropriate response to finding out a potential lover is a complete and freaky sadist or masochist? Fear. -- 50 shades of Grey

There's something about you. I can't leave you alone. I'm like a moth to a flame. -- 50 shades of Grey

People understand things better after they are exposed to it. -- Hana Kimi Japan (tv series)

It's not this school that connects you guys together. If you properly take care of that connection, you guys can meet anywhere and anytime. -- Hana Kimi Japan (tv series)


disclaimer: I don't own the pictures. This is merely to put an image for the quote's resource.


No comments:

Post a Comment