To know me, you have to read me. Otherwise, I'm just like everybody else. Without identity. Choose well.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Quoted Phrases part 16

No matter how hard I try. I can't stay away from you. -- Pretty Little Liars S02E25

Pretending not to love you is the hardest thing I've ever done. -- Pretty Little Liars S02E25

It’s not okay. It’s absurd and outrageous and crazy, but I like you. I don’t like you because it’s okay to like you — it’s that because I like you, everything’s okay. -- My Girlfriend is a Gumiho Ep12 

I like you so much that now, I can’t stop there. I can’t pretend I don’t like you, either. All I can do is not show you that I like you. All I can do is keep from begging you to like me. If I’m going to slowly distance myself from you, I think I’ll have to run really hard. -- My Girlfriend is a Gumiho Ep12

Don’t come back! Are you doing this because I didn't say that I missed you? Last time you left without saying a word, and now you’re going to make nothing but a phone call and disappear? You go ahead and TRY to disappear like this. Where are you? Did you follow me all the way to the hospital for my check-up? And how is someone like that going to disappear from my side? Don’t move a muscle and wait right there! I’ll come find you. -- My Girlfriend is a Gumiho Ep12

Giving such false hopes. It's almost an assault. The most powerful venom in love is false hope. -- Dating Agency Cyrano Ep1

You're already prepared to accept your death. What are you afraid of? Focus in the present. Be happy in the present. Love in the present. That's the most important thing for you as the person alive at this moment. -- Dating Agency Cyrano Ep11

To live, do you have to have a grand reason? I live because my eyes open in the morning, because I still breathe. Why? If a person doesn't have a reason to live, does that mean he can't?  -- That Winter The Wind Blows Ep2

I'm in love with you. If you stay, I promise.. There's no safer place in the world than right here with me. -- Safe Haven (film)

When I first got the brain tumor, what I wanted was to be comforted. But they didn't console me. Forget comfort. They forced the 6 year old to be brave. So cruel. It's alright. The surgery won't be scary. You can beat it. Chemotherapy is nothing. (Instead of) It's okay to not be okay. Its okay to be scared. It's okay to cry. If people had said that to me, I probably would've cried a day or two and been fine. Maybe because I didn't get to cry then. Even now when I think about then, at age 6, the tears keep coming out. -- That Winter The Wind Blows Ep7

Sorcery is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavor of their own incompetence. -- Tyrion of A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

If we're gonna fight a disease, let's fight one of the most terrible diseases of all. INDIFFERENCE. I've been sent to your schools and heard people lecture on transference and professional distance. Transference is inevitable. Every human being has an impact on another. -- Patch Adams (film)

No man is a failure who has friends. -- It's A Wonderful Life (film)

It's not fun receiving a present that you've already known about. The most important aspect of a present is it's surprise and unexpectedness. The present that appeared at an amazing timing, as if it were a lie... was more touching than a miracle. -- Reply 1994 (tv series)

The unseen enemy is always the most fearsome. -- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin (book)

That's not a house. That's termites holding hands. -- Epic (film)

Bakit nga ba nawawasak ang mga tao dahil sa pag-ibig? Simple lang yan. Dahil meron tayong tatlong deciding bodies. Utak, puso, at bird. Dapat balanse. Pero minsan nagsasanib pwersa ang puso at ang bird. At nagkukudeta sa utak. Dun nagkakaleche-leche. -- Bakit Di Ka Crush ng Crush Mo (film)

You consider playing around with someone as you go out with them a good memory? Do you consider not knowing that you're being played a fool and liking someone like an idiot... A good MEMORY? -- Orange Marmalade (manga)

The people that are the most giving, hard working, and capable of making this world better, usually don't have the ego and ambition to be a leader. They don't see any interest in superficial rewards. They don't care if their names ever appear in the press. They actually enjoy the process of helping others. -- Before Sunset (film)

Not wanting anything, isn't that, a symptom of depression? It's healthy to desire. -- Before Sunset (film)

Be nice to your parents while you still can. Don't regret it like I do. I was too busy getting used to working in Seoul. Do you know what he said before he passed away? He couldn't even breathe well.. but he told me to go. He said he was fine so I should go back to work. He was afraid I was going to be fired. How could he say that.. -- Reply 1997 Ep13 (tv series)

I never should have let you... let me go. -- Gossip Girl S01E10

Many things that seem threatening in the dark, become welcoming, when we shine a light at them. -- The Legend of Korra S02E10 (tv series)

Things you own, end up owning you. -- Fight Club (film)

Is this your first day doing business? Public sentiment is meant to be turned. One incident covers another (previous) incident. If there is another more major incident, public sentiment will lean towards it. It's the eternal truth. -- My Love From Another Star Ep5 (tv series)

That kiss, whom did you do it to? Was it to me, or did you kiss the girl that looks like me? Do you know what's the most complicated three way relationship in the world? The third party being a girl from the past.. How does one win against the beautiful memory of a girl from the past? -- My Love From Another Star Ep16 (tv series) 

Weird girl: Why are you being so nice to me?
Popular girl: Because you're letting me? -- The Breakfast Club (film)

Yung hope na yan lason yan. Parang drugs, nakaka-addict. -- Starting Over Again (film)

Wala na akong ibang mahanap na libangan bukod sa anime simula nung maghiwalay kami. Maski computer halos wala nang epekto. Ang totoo, halos lahat ng mga nakaugalian kong gawin lahat nagpapaalala sa akin sa kanya. Madalas sisnasabi ko na walang panahon para malungkot. Pero nagsusumigaw ako sa alahat ng tao para tulungan ako makalimot sa sakit na nararamdaman ko. -- Ang mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan by Bob Ong (book)

Walang tigil ang tao sa paggamit ng enerhiya. Lahat ng maaaring pagkagastusan ng kuryente, gagawin nila. Nabubuhay sila sa sistema ng pag-aani ng mga kayamanan ng mundo upang gawing lason at basura. -- Ang mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan by Bob Ong (book)

Sibilisado, pero hindi ayon sa sibilisasyon ng ganid na mundo. Hindi kami gumagamit ng teknolohiya; hindi kami nagagamit ng teknolohiya. Oo nga't napapadali nito ang buhay. Pero hindi kami nagmamadali. -- -- Ang mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan by Bob Ong (book)

Whenever you read a cancer booklet or website or whatever, they always list depression among the side effects of cancer. But, in fact, depression is not a side effect of cancer. Depression is a side effect of dying. (Cancer is also a side effect of dying. Almost everything is, really.) -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

What do you mean by meant? Given the final futility of our struggle, is the fleeting jolt of meaning that art gives us valuable? Or is the only value in passing the time as comfortably as possible? -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

What should a story seek to emulate? A ringing alarm? A call to arms? A morphine drip? Like all interrogation of the universe, this line of inquiry inevitably reduces us to asking what it means to be human and whether, to borrow a phrase from the angst-encumbered sixteen-year-olds you no doubt revile, there is a point to it all-- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

He called it preemptive dumping. So maybe you have this premonition that there is something fundamentally incompatible and you're preempting the preemption. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

I'm like a grenade. I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

You are not a grenade, not to us. Thinking about you dying makes us sad, but you are not a grenade. You are amazing. You can't know, because you've never had a baby become a brilliant young reader with a side interest in horrible television shows, but the joy you bring us is so much greater than the sadness we feel about your illness. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

Everyone in this tale has a rock-solid hamartia: hers, that she is so sick; yours, that you are so well. Were she better or you sicker, then the stars would not be so terribly crossed, but it is the nature of stars to cross.. The fault, is not in our stars. But in ourselves. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

What a slut time is. She screws everybody. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

Witness also that when we talk about literature, we do so in the present tense. When we speak of the dead, we are not so kind. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

You do not immortalize the lost by writing about them. Language buries, but does not resurrect. The dead are visible only in the terrible lidless eye of memory. The living, retain the ability to surprise and to disappoint. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

I tried to tell myself that it could be worse, that the world was not a wish-granting factory. That I was living with cancer not dying of it. That I mustn't let it kill me before it kills me. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

That's why I like you. Do you realize how rare it is to come across a hot girl who creates an adjectival version of the word pedophile? You are so busy being you that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

The weird thing about houses is that they almost always look like nothing is happening inside of them, even though they contain most of our lives. I wondered if that was sort of the point of architecture. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

Contemporaneity specializes in the kind of battles wherein no one loses anything of any value, except arguably their lives. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

I cannot indulge your childish whims, but I refuse to pity you in the manner to which you are well accustomed. Sick children inevitably become arrested: You are fated to live out your days as the child you were when diagnosed.. You are a side effect, of an evolutionary process that cares little for individual lives. You are a failed experiment in mutation. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

The marks humans leave are too often scars. You build a hideous minimall or start a coup or try to become a rock star and you think, "They'll remember me now." But They don't remember you, and all you leave behind are more scars. Your coup becomes a dictatorship. Your minimall becomes a lesion. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

Okay, maybe I'm not such a shitty writer. But I can't pull my ideas together. My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

We are like a bunch of dogs squirting on fire hydrants. We poison the groundwater with our toxic piss, marking everything MINE in a ridiculous attempt to survive our deaths. I can't stop pissing on fire hydrants. I know it's silly and useless but I am an animal like any other. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

She is so beautiful. You don't get tired of looking at her. You never worry if she is smarter than you; You know she is. She is funny without ever being mean. I love her. I am so lucky to love her. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)

You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book)



No comments:

Post a Comment